Job Title: Legal and Compliance Specialist
Reports To: General Counsel
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location (s): Bethesda, MD
Job Description: National commercial finance company has an in-house opportunity in Bethesda, Maryland, for a self-motivated and experienced legal and compliance specialist to support portfolio management, compliance and legal department operations.
- Negotiation of confidentiality agreements.
- Preparation of documents to assign loans.
- Maintenance of legal files for loans.
- Review of know your customer and related compliance materials.
- Review of legal invoices and other support for operations of legal department.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience, preferably working in an in-house legal department.
- Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with quick response time.
- Ability to operate without administrative support, including strong Microsoft Office skills.
Interested parties should send your cover letter with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: MidCap Financial Services, LLC (“MCF”) is a specialty finance company with principal offices in Washington, D.C. (Bethesda, MD), Chicago and Los Angeles that provides debt solutions to middle-market companies across all domestic industries. MCF is managed by Apollo Capital Management, a subsidiary of global asset manager Apollo Global Management ($280 billion AUM). MCF is expanding rapidly, with over $19 billion of commitments under management. MCF provides a broad array of corporate debt solutions to finance acquisitions, growth capital, and working capital needs of middle-market companies. The Leveraged Finance & Financial Sponsors Group underwrites First Lien, Second Lien, Unitranche, and Mezzanine cash flow loans to North American and European private equity-backed firms.
The Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Analyst/Associate if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.